White Paper- Selecting IT's Cloud Strategy ‘of Least Resistance'
Intended audience - Enterprise IT and Channel Partners
Cloud is changing at the speed of light.
CTO and CIO say commercial public clouds present serious business-limitations including:
• Loss of control
Then, when asked about the inverse – on the barriers and challenges faced to deliver in-house cloud services as part of a private, community or public cloud model, CTOs and CIOs identify:
• Project-risk and high-complexities due to a lack of standardisation
This a major problem!
CIOs and CTOs need to realise the promised benefits of clS1Moud computing. But with each cloud strategy alternative offering a unique set of organisational problems and challenges, which cloud strategy, AKA ‘cloud path’ does IT select?
This paper aims to assist enterprises and their incumbent suppliers and service providers (channel partners), determine and select enterprise IT’s cloud strategy ‘of least resistance.’
Key Notes for Enterprise IT:
|• Retain control over your infrastructure and your data |
• Retain in-house security capabilities across the entire stack
• Large data sets = LAN to avoid latency and bandwidth issues
• Eliminate data costs with WAN (public cloud)
• Mitigate project risk via pre-engineering & standardisation
• Become a cloud provider, not cloud customer
• Asses each cloud path using five-year TCO capex + opex