QCT QxStack powered by VMware EVO SDDC
Easiest Way to Build and Operate a Software-Define Data Center (SDDC) Private Cloud
Fully interoperable solution that provides customers with the easiest way to build and run an SDDC private cloud. The solution is delivered with pre-qualified hardware provided by QCT and VMware’s EVO SDDC software. This EVO SDDC-based integrated system is ideal for enterprises and service providers focused on greater simplicity, faster time-to-value, enhanced security and lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
$USD $79,800.00*RRP Pricing*
To View Channel Discounts Please Login
QCT(Quanta Cloud Technology) QxStack powered by VMware EVO SDDC
Easiest Way to Build and Operate a Software-Define Data Center (SDDC) Private Cloud
At a Glance
QCT QxStack powered by VMware® EVO™ SDDC is a fully interoperable solution that provides customers with the easiest way to build and run an SDDC private cloud. The solution is delivered with pre-qualified hardware provided by QCT and VMware’s EVO SDDC software. This EVO SDDC-based integrated system is ideal for enterprises and service providers focused on greater simplicity, faster time-to-value, enhanced security and lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- A turnkey hyper-converged SDDC solution on pre-qualified, pre-validated QCT hardware, powered by VMware’s EVO SDDC software stack.
- Simplified SDDC deployment, configuration and ongoing operations management with the VMware EVO SDDC Manager, resulting in greater simplicity and faster time-to-value.
- Provided elasticity on scaling and configuration, to best align with current and future capacity requirements.
- Significant OpEx and CapEx benefits delivered with SDDC software capabilities and QCT’s cost-effective hardware.
Why QCT Integrated System Powered by VMware EVO SDDC?
For many companies, traditional infrastructure can slow down the journey to the software-defined datacenter:
- Initial Setup – From designing reference architecture to procuring the individual infrastructure components from multiple vendors, significant times and effort can be consumed before the first VM deployment.
- Provisioning – Proliferation of hardware-centric control points that often lack user friendly tools makes it hard to operate disparate infrastructure devices.
- Ongoing Lifecycle Management – Having to deal with multiple vendors for support trouble shooting and lengthy manual software patching and upgrades creates multiple administration cycles, thereby negatively affecting operations.
QCT and VMware worked closely to simplify how customers architect, procure, deploy, and manage the software and hardware infrastructure of an SDDC. This integrated solution jumpstarts the journey to SDDC by delivering a complete VMware software stack on proven QCT hardware platform.
QCT Integrated System Hardware Architecture
QCT has extended its leadership position in hyperscale cloud to offer private and hybrid cloud solutions for enterprises, leapfrogging from a hardware provider to a total solution provider by partnering with industry-leading software vendors such as VMware in the hyper-converged space. With deep understanding of different cloud workload types, systems integration and optimization experiences, QCT can offer the most efficient, innovative, scalable and easy to deploy hardware to meet the various demands of datacenters.
The fully integrated system is delivered by QCT, covered from design, manufacturing, to global supply chain support. All components are carefully selected, and rigorously tested to ensure optimal performance and compatibility.
The integrated system consists of:
|Category||QCT Model Name||Quantity||Note|
|Server||Minimum (8) servers, scale up incrementally to (24) servers per rack||Scale out up to (8) racks|
|Spine switches||(2) 40G switches||First rack only|
|Top-of-Rack(ToR) switches||(2) 10G switches||Each rack|
|Management Switch||(1) 1G switch||Each rack|
VMware EVO SDDC Software Architecture and Use Cases
The VMware EVO SDDC software architecture consists of three basic layers as shown in Figure 1: hardware, virtualization, and operations & management layers. In addition to the VMware software components that are sold individually today, VMware EVO SDDC also contains the Hardware Management Services (HMS) software for physical infrastructure management, the VMware EVO SDDC Manager™ for integrated physical and virtual infrastructure management, including deployment, configuration and operations management, and APIs for integration with external software tools and components. The core responsibilities of the HMS include auto-discovery of new physical capacity, configuration of servers and switches, inventory validation against the pre-qualified bill of materials, reporting and notifications, and low-level patches. The VMware EVO SDDC Manager serves as the primary interface for an operator’s day-to-day tasks and provides an integrated view of both the physical and virtual infrastructure.
Use cases include virtual infrastructure, general purpose IaaS and virtual desktop infrastructure, supporting up to 1,000 virtual machines (VMs) or 2,000 virtual desktops per physical rack. Within each instance, operators also have the flexibility to host multiple workloads with distinct availability, performance and security characteristics using the workload domain construct. A construct unique to VMware EVO SDDC, as an example, this can be used by operators to simultaneously run both traditional and third-platform applications on the same shared infrastructure.
Key Features and Capabilities
- Pre-Validated and Pre-Integrated Solution with Fully Automated Bring Up Process
The integrated systems will be pre-racked and pre-cabled with all software pre-installed prior to delivery. Within several hours of initial bring up, customers can have a fully operational integrated system powered by VMware EVO SDDC.
- Once the integrated system is physically deployed at the customer site and the system powered on, the customer will only need to execute several steps before deploying its first VM—connect to the datacenter’s existing Ethernet network via uplinks and power source, provide some basic network info, such as IP range and DNS, and request capacity based on user-specified performance and availability requirements.
Flexibly and Dynamically Scale
Customers can flexibly and dynamically scale on QCT integrated systems. Minimum starting requirement is 8 nodes, or one-third of a rack, and customers can scale up incrementally per server up to 24 nodes, or scale out across multiple racks.
For both small-and large-scale capacity additions, the Hardware Management Service (HMS) auto-discovers the new physical capacity and seamlessly adds those resources to the virtual rack for consumption, non-disruptively extending the virtual rack to larger physical capacity.
Integrated and Streamlined Management of Physical and Logical Resources
VMware’s EVO SDDC Manager provides a single centralized management interface for managing both the physical and logical infrastructure—from hardware device level details to network typology to VMs.
VMware’s EVO SDDC Manager also takes physical resources distributed across multiple physical racks and aggregates them into a single pool of capacity, or a single virtual rack. Within this virtual rack, resource groups can be carved out with defined performance, availability and security attributes. These resource groups, or workload domains, are defined by the number of clusters, placement of cluster hosts and redundancy of VMware Virtual SAN™ disk groups.
Non-Disruptive, Automated Infrastructure Lifecycle Management (LCM)
With full inventory of all relevant component software and hardware in the integrated system— down to specific editions, versions, and latest patch bundles, the EVO SDDC Manager delivers key infrastructure lifecycle management tasks, including upgrades and updates, on either a predefined cadence (such as quarterly) or an as needed basis.
- Low-level software bundles, including firmware, BIOS, and drivers
- VMware software bundles, including VMware vSphere® and VMware NSX™
- EVO SDDC bundles, including EVO SDDC Manager and HMS updates
- Network ToR and spine switch software update bundles
To Learn More
Please contact QCT sales representatives to learn more about the solution, request a demo, or start a proof of concept (PoC) program.
Quanta Cloud Technology (“QCT”) is a global datacenter solution provider extending the power of hyperscale datacenter design in standard and open SKUs to all datacenter customers. Product lines include servers, storage, network switches, integrated rack systems and cloud solutions, all delivering hyperscale efficiency, scalability, reliability, manageability, serviceability and optimized performance for each workload. QCT offers a full spectrum of datacenter products and services from engineering, integration and optimization to global supply chain support, all under one roof. The parent of QCT is Quanta Computer Inc., a Fortune Global 500 technology engineering and manufacturing company.